The Postnatal Support Network organises Helpers training all over Europe. This training gives both ancient and contemporary knowledge and practical techniques on the 40-day recovery time.
The training includes include the following subjects:
- Why postnatal support
- Principles of a 40 day resting period
- Physiology of the postnatal mother and child
- Cooking and recipes
- Other techniques such as postnatal rituals, bed sharing, massage
and baby bundling.
- The Postnatal Service, the attitude and what kind of support.
This training is set up for anyone who is interested to make an important difference for young families. Health workers, doula’s, yoga teachers, grandmothers and young women who are inspired to learn more about the techniques and would like to serve in a dedicated way and has considerable time and flexibility.
The basic training takes two or three 3 days and is organised all over Europe. You will be asked to do a minimum of 40 hours postnatal service with a family close to your home. Including in your training fee, you will receive a manual and a year membership of our network.
We have a few upcoming trainings in the spring of 2019.
- France/ Montpellier on the 16 to 18th of March
- Austria/ Vienna 15-17 of March
- Netherlands/ Noordwolde/ Friesland 22 – 24 March
- Belgium/ Namur 11-13 Avril
- Belgium/ Leuven on the 17 to 19th of May
- Netherlands/ Rotterdam 14-16 June
- Spain/ Valencia 19-21 September
- Spain/ Barcalona 11-13 October
- Portugal/ Sintra 31 October – 2 November.
If interested please get in touch with the local organizers. Looking forward to experience a new insight on how to mother mothers with you!