What kind of help
There are many ways to support a family in their ‘4th trimester’, or the 6 postnatal weeks.
- A dedicated Postnatal helper can support you and your family for an agreed amount of time. This helper is trained via the Postnatal Support Network and will stay in-house or close to the family.
- A part-time Postnatal helper is someone who can give support for specific tasks for an agreed time in the week.
- Coordinating a network which can help with food preparation, shopping, playing with other children or cleaning can be organised by a friend or the new father.
The support care range many different takes, depending on the needs and requirements from the family. It can include :
- Household duties and grocery shopping
- Food preparation with knowledge of Postnatal nutrition.
- Breastfeeding support.
- Babysitting other children in the family.
- Massage – cummerbund.
- Closing belly ritual.